Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Aztec Art


So, you may be wondering what I could possibly be doing with this interesting tool. 


Or with these bright summery colors.
From left: nail stripe polish, Sally Hansen in Pacific Blue and Twisted Pink, and China Glaze in Four Leaf Clover.






Tada! Aztec nail art! Before I started, I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do. I just went with it. I knew the colors I wanted to incorporate and I knew I wanted to create some kind of tribal theme-so this is the result! Both hands took about 45 minutes: I painted all of my nails pink, then drew 3 black lines. I filled in the top (cuticle area) with the green, then drew the stripes with the stripe brush. After that, I painted polka dots with the handy tool you saw above! That's all there is to it! I didn't clean up around the edges of my nails until after I took the pictures...I was just too excited to share them with y'all!

On a non-nail related note, a week from tomorrow I leave for Arizona! My cousin is graduating and my family and I are going down to join the celebrations. I'm looking forward to lying by the pool and enjoying the sunshine. There will be some serious family shenanigans going down! Just wait :)


No comments:

Post a Comment